Martin Luther King Jr Quotes Have Long Inspired the World
Martin Luther King, Jr. had an incredible, positive impact on so many. His philosophies were based on justice and equality. However, a lot of his words and lessons can carry over to many facets of life.
Here are a few Martin Luther King Jr quotes that became famous and the takeaways we can apply to our lives and to our work.
1. Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.
Every successful business person and entrepreneur takes risks. Have faith that your risks will be worth it.
2. We must learn to live together as brothers or perish together as fools.
The importance of teamwork and unity when pursuing anything is a must; collective effort is better than a lone wolf.
3. The function of education is to teach one to think intensively and to think critically. Intelligence plus character – that is the goal of true education.
Always been on a quest to learn more and to think more. Knowledge is power.
4. The time is always right to do what is right.
Even in business and in life, when some don’t conduct themselves ethically, continue to strive to do what’s right.
5. We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope.
Learn from failure and disappointment in the past to become better in the future.
6. A genuine leader is not a searcher for consensus but a molder of consensus.
Stay strong in your convictions and inspire others through your actions.
7. Capitalism does not permit an even flow of economic resources. With this system, a small privileged few are rich beyond conscience, and almost all others are doomed to be poor at some level. That’s the way the system works. And since we know that the system will not change the rules, we are going to have to change the system.
The system is changing slowly and more people working from home and becoming entrepreneurs. Be change. Innovate.
8. Rarely do we find men who willingly engage in hard, solid thinking. There is an almost universal quest for easy answers and half-baked solutions. Nothing pains some people more than having to think.
Always be a thinker and know that oftentimes it’s better to think than talk. There are often multiple solutions to a given problem.
9. Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.
Keep in mind that balance is a good thing… always. We must balance our priorities or we lose our way occasionally.
10. We must build dikes of courage to hold back the flood of fear.
Find ways to build courage and confidence to nullify fear. Do not be afraid to chase success.
11. All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face with another problem.
Business (and life, for that matter) is hard and there will be no shortage of challenges. Anticipate challenge and be willing to rise to the occasion.
12. Whatever your life’s work is, do it well. A man should do his job so well that the living, the dead, and the unborn could do it no better.
Take pride in what you do and always strive for greatness.
13. Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?‘
Philanthropy is important. Giving back is important. There are so many that need assistance and it is so fulfilling to help others through tough times.
Susan Sly is a best selling author, speaker and entrepreneur. She has appeared on CNN, CNBC, Fox, Lifetime Television and the CBN. Susan is the mother of five children and resides in Scottsdale, Arizona.
To receive you FREE Goal Getting Visualization Click Here